Could someone please make gifs of all the times Demon!Dean is a total shitbag (groping women without consent, attacking Sam, etc) overlaid with quotes from Jensen, Carver, etc about how this is the real Dean?
Cause I am getting tired of explaining over and over again…
this is such complete bullshit, and I feel like they fucked up demon Dean. we’ve seen the darkness in Dean before. That darkness, which is PART OF WHO HE IS, involving taking pleasure in torturing. He tortured people in Hell and caused them pain and enjoyed it. That’s not the “real” Dean, but that’s the part of Dean that is demonic, that’s supposed to come out when he turns demon.
Groping women and being a shitback? That’s a shitty thing to do that is part of a lot of human men, but that’s not the true depth of evil within him.
part of the point of this show is that everyoe=ne has evil in them. It just comes out to varying extent s- and in demons, you see the pure evil within a human being, with no potential for good left. And Dean being a misogynistic douche is not the true evil within him. It’s shitty writing.
badwolfwillrise said: The spn premier suCKED SO BAD. SOOOOOO BAD. I’m so done with this show like honestly the episode was just AWFUL. no solid plot, not one good dialogue scene, and all two dimensional characters. Ugh.
Okay. well, it sounds like it sucked because it was just bland and boring, which is better than it sucking by being glaringly offensive so that’s a plus?
I guess I’m putting off watching it then because, well, if nothing actually happened then it’s not like I can really be spoiled.
You know what? I think I”ll start watching Supernatural again if Cas and Dean are in the same episode and together for more than 5 minutes.
"this is like every porno I’ve ever seen"
two buff scruffy masculine men fall in love and are totally sappy
What kind of porno have you been watching, Dean
I don’t think it’s Casa Erotica, Dean
i dont think you understand how much i love gentle and careful characters who can turn into a brutal killing machine in less than two seconds (⊙‿⊙✿)
After some arguing with people (and by ‘arguing” i mean being told with no evidence certain things)
I really, really want to know
why people get so defensive of straight Dean. Why does it bother you so much that other people read him as not straight? Why does the fact that he’s attracted to women make every other possibility on the spectrum impossible for you? Why are you so against subtext? Or is it just a way for you to insist that my ship will never happen and it’s really not about his sexuality at all in the first place?
shit // x
I kind of like to think that this is Dean from an AU - like the assassin Dean from my Destiel AU, all lethal and charming like that
another lame attempt to try to ‘make’ Dean Winchester straight. Dean is clearly not ready for a relationship. HE JUST BECAME A DEMON FOR CHRISTS SAKE.
I don’t agree that it’s an attempt to “make Dean straight” because he’s already been…
Oh, Dean gets a love interest again? Why? When are they going to learn that we’re not interested? We don’t care? We don’t want some undeveloped, 1-dimensional ‘love interest’ that Dean only likes because the script says he does, who likely ends up dead? Why does this show script a romance and an “I love you” between two characters and then throw in random love interests that we never end up hearing from again? Why is this world so full of heteronormative crap?
Dean Winchester - costumes
I don’t understand why John Winchester gets so much hate. Like, I get that he wasn’t a perfect father, but let’s be real. Who is? He really did love his boys, and everything he did was in their interest. Giving Dean such a hard time, and always on the run, trying to keep Sam…
No one will be upset if you do, honestly I would love to hear it.
okay well I will try to keep this short because otherwise it’ll turn into a dissertation
the thing is, John Winchester was emotionally abusive. And you can explain away a lot of the things he did - he taught Sam and Dean to defend themselves because he knew what was out there. He was preparing them. He sacrificed his soul for Dean in the end. Great.
He was still emotionally abusive in a way he didn’t need to be. Other people have talked about this a lot, so I’m gonna go for the short version
1. he made Dean responsible for Sam. This is both abusive to Sam (in depriving him of any kind of parental figure) and to Dean, by placing that much responsibility on him at the AGE OF FOUR and making him feel constantly worthless through that responsibility. Sure, to some extent he was trying to prepare sam and Dean for what’s out there - which is why he took them on hunts, blah, blah, blah. Preparing them for what’s out there doesn’t mean that he has to make Dean responsible for Sam while he leaves for DAYS to hunt some supernatural creature that’s in a different STATE. John was obsessed with his vendetta, and he made Dean responsible for Sam so he could chase that vendetta.
2. Dean’s self worth, self-confidence, and related issues - again, which come from being responsible for Sam all the time, being told he’s only good enough to be a hunter/soldier, that he’s worthless unless his brother is safe, etc. John is the one who taught Dean that his self-worth comes from his ability to look after Sam - which is the reason Dean sold his soul, started the Apocalypse, and in general has been hating himself since season 1. John is the sort of Dean and Sam’s codependency, and the person it’s hurt the most is Dean.
3. From what you’ve seen of John, does he seem like a supportive father? And I’m not talking about John preparing Sam and Dean for what’s out there. I’m talking about John disowning Sam for going to college. I’m talking about John telling Dean the Impala looks terrible when it looks shiny and perfect and new. I’m talking about that scene where Dean went outside to PLAY A VIDEO GAME for 10 minutes because he was, like, 8, and John essentially ostracized him after that - refusing to explain what he did wrong, refusing to acknowledge that Dean was a child, and quite obviously choosing Sam over Dean. That kind of “you’re not good enough, you need to do better, why didn’t you do this, you made a mistake and yo’ure a fuckup” leads to lots of mental issues. Trust me. I know. I’ve been through my share of that crap. It doesn’t end well.
4. Do I need to go into how there’s a different between protecting his sons and a personal vendetta? For John, I think the line got very blurred - and any child who’s lost one parent and is neglected by another for the sake of a vendetta is going to end up with lots and lots of issues.
5. all the moving around and never fitting in had to have developmental issues and self-esteem and identity issues, but perhaps that couldn’t be helped.
6. Diet and nutrition. In flashbacks, we’ve seen the boys eating cereal for dinner. We’ve seen, I think, John leaving money for them. Do you really think that, as growing boys, they got all the nutrition they needed when John just left them money and left? Do you think an 8 year old can make the proper decisions about the kind of diet boys need to grow? No, obviously not - which is probably why they were having cereal. For dinner. Plus, considering John was always gone - how often do you think money ran out? In seaon 5, someone asked Dean if he’s been “haven’t eaten in days hungry.” He said yes. I wonder why? Maybe because John didnt’ leave them enough money? Maybe because they only had enough to feed one person and Dean gave the food to Sam? There’s a lot of evidence in the show that Dean has some kind of eating disorder and that he’s starved in the past. Huh. I wonder if that has anything to do with John’s obvious neglect, never being home to care for and feed his sons, and them likely going hungry because they’re fucking kids.
6. All of Dean’s issues about not being his own person, about his music and his car and his leather jacket being dad’s - that likely comes from Dean trying so, so hard to live up to being John, to be good enough - and constantly failing, because it’s an impossible standard. Again, as someone who had parents who constantly had impossible standards I was supposed to live up to and punishing me for failing….the mental consequences suck. Dena has no self-worth. Dean has no sense of identity - or at least one that he can believe in. Because he was always trying to be John and never good enough for John.
7. I”m gonna end with an emphasis that abuse can be mental/psychological and that shit is as bad as being beaten and there’s plenty of evidence John Winchester abused his sons about as much as he prepared them for what’s out there.
Okay. Rant over.
WTF? Why am I just seeing this now?
Video credit Codra Foymal on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npXG_R7IZRI
Everybody should watch this, because it’s brilliant
Including the Cas/Colette parallels (they are so spectacularly there just wow)
I will never get tired of giffing this… sweet jeezus!!
my favourite freckles are eye freckles (✿◠‿◠)
and did I mention - FRECKLESSSS!?
Greetings, fellow Dean stans. As we all know, season 9 was extremely hard for Dean, but also very important for his character. Inspired by other events such as x and x we decided to dedicate a week to appreciate Dean in this season.
How does this work and how can you join? We will give you a list of prompts for each day during a week, and you can make edits, gifsets, fanmixes, fanfiction, etc according to each theme. Ready?
- Start: June 9th
- Finish: June 15th
Day 1 (June 9th): Favorite episode
Day 2 (June 10th): Best brotherly/friendship moment
Day 3 (June 11th): Best happy!Dean moment
Day 4 (June 12th): Most heartbreaking scene
Day 5 (June 13th): Favorite badass moment
Day 6 (June 14th): Overall favorite Dean moment
Day 7 (June 15th): Free choice (post whatever you want)
Remember to tag your entries with #ds9aw and we will reblog them (post your work and your work only!). Reblog to spread the word, and have fun! :)
- Cat & Belle
yes yes yes this!
John Barrowman singing “All Out of Life”
or, if you’d like to look at it this way, pansexual Captain Jack Harkness singing a romantic song that, in season 7, Dean Winchester sang a couple of episodes after he lost Cas (and to which he totally rocked out).
Ah, don’t you just love these sorts of connections?